Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cocktail Chronicles: Stocking up on Liquid Ingredients


Ever since the cocktail tutorial I had at the Cohiba Villas in Boracay I have been slowly building up on my basic cocktail ingredients.  So far I already have vodka, tequila, vermouth, and orange liqueur.  The thing is---I don't want to spend too much in my experimentation stage.  

The most expensive liquid mix I have is the Martini Dry Vermouth @ Php 500+.  My vodka is Tosca, the tequila is El Hombre, and the orange liqueur is Orchid---all of which are local brands and cost less than Php 200.  

When I first thought of making cocktail mixing as a hobby I started canvassing for the basic liquid mixes. Man, they can be expensive especially if you go with the popular brands!   Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Absolut, Stolichnaya, Patron, Jose Cuervo, these brands would be in the Php 900 and up category.  

Other garnishings would be lemon, lime, and mint leaves.  Lemon and lime is readily available in the fruit section of SM but the mint leaves is not.  So I'm thinking of raising my own mint plant so I can harvest leaves on a per need basis.  

No comments: